Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Can we make this happen?

So, I was hanging around GetGlue tonight, talking with some folks about movies. And we were saying wouldn't it be cool if blah-blah-blah-blah-blah were cast in this film?
And it got me thinking.  The 2004 Universal monster film, Van Helsing is getting a franchise reboot. Starring, wait for it... Tom Cruise.  We already know the dude can play a vampire. He played Lestat in the 1994 Interview with the Vampire, and we know he can handle action/thriller movies. (That's the only movie of his I've cared for)

But if I were casting a vampire movie of this caliber, I would want guys in it that have some real bite to them.  And what the hell, Triple H has already sunk his teeth into the role of  vampire Jarko in the 2004 movie Blade 3: Trinity.
And if you've been reading this blog over the last while, you know I totally see members of the Shield in a werewolf-ish light.  (Chris Sabin is totally on my werewolf wish list. Someone needs to build an entire trilogy just for him.  I think I would have to add Zema Ion to the werewolf list too)

So, if I was going to cast a big vampire movie, who in the wrestling industry would I cast?  

Okay, you have to put Sheamus on this list. He already looks like a vampire. And going by some old folklores and myths that say if you were a redhead you are... there is no doubt about it. 

Austin Aries (I'm just going to jump from company to company here as I think of them) I think would make a perfect vampire god. There is just something about how he can deliver a line that, with that smirk of his, totally screams vampire to me.

Dean Ambrose. I think he'd make a great Dracula. Or even a really good Lestat. He's got that undertone of cocky sarcasm. It would have to be the early versions of Lestat, before Tale of a Body Thief, cause I don't know how well he could pull off the self loathing depressed parts of the character?  Or you know, Santiago, maybe Armand.... okay I really want to see him as a vampire.

Leo Kruger, would make a picture perfect Vlad the Impaler, in a bio-pic. Just toss a sword and hat on him. (the only actor to ever pull off a decent version was Rudolf Martin  in the 2000 made for tv movie Dracula the Dark Prince aka Dark Prince the True Story of Dracula)

Seth Rollins, is on this list. Some of the things I've seen this dude pull off, I have to wonder if there is some bat in him?

Alex Shelley... come on, haven't talked about him in ages, but I think he'd make a decent vampire. Could totally see him as Nick Knight if they ever reboot that series. Actually, I could see him as one of the other roles in Dracula, like Johnathan Harker, or Arthur Holmwood. 

Wade Barrett would make a really good modern version of Van Helsing.   Huh, I sort of forgot about the vampire hunters.  The Miz or Kassius Ohno, or Corey Graves all come to mind as a vampire hunter. 

Well, you see where my brain takes me when I'm left alone too long, into the shadows and under the graveyard.

love Ardeth Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment